[Coco] RG6 video playback test

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 09:15:02 EDT 2017

Hi Brendan,

It’s using raw data (pre-rendered), without any decoding, in a precisely timed
sector read routine.  It requires only the video pages used (one at the moment)
and a small 512 byte buffer for audio, outside of the player code itself of course.

An optimal sector interleave format is required, but in this way, complexity of the
image and file length do not matter.  Up to 3+ hours of continuous playback anyway,
due to max file size.

Right now there’s no screen buffering, so there’s some “tearing” when there’s large
changes between frames (actually seeing the bytes being placed in video ram).
Next I’ll implement screen buffering to eliminate that.

- Ed