[Coco] CocoRPi3 update

Ron Klein ron at kdomain.org
Thu Apr 13 22:42:04 EDT 2017

Hi Frank and Scott,

SD cards with faster speeds are the preferred way to go.

I personally use a 32GB card and it's very fast.  I believe slower cards
will impact the emulator performance (file I/O).  If slower loading of the
emulators are not an issue, card speed won't matter as much.  Once things
are loaded into memory, performance should be the same between Pi's.

My 16GB card order has been back ordered so now I'm looking for something
else.  I do have some 8GB cards (which will work) but they are only class 4
so speed will not be great.  I just tested one and it seems to work OK, so
I'll be bringing 8GB cards to the show.  I won't be charging anyone for the
cost of the cards either, but I'll only have 7 unless I can pick some up
before next weekend.  I wanted to get this into the hands of some folks at
the show as a courtesy.  I plan on bring my laptop so if others bring
cards, I can dump the image to them.

I will be posting the image and initial documentation sometime over the
weekend.  I'll post the links as soon as they are ready.

As an FYI (as I don't recall if I mentioned it), but local copy of
Drivewire on the image can be used to host files to the emulators
themselves as well as a real Coco - depending on what you want to do.  It
just requires a USB to serial adapter for use with a real Coco.

Looking forward to the show and hope to see a large attendance!

-Ron