[Coco] VCC Update

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Apr 13 17:16:25 EDT 2017

All really good ideas and from those with more knowledge than myself.
All I can say is start a clone, make some changes and we'll see what works... Anything benificial will be added to the current. A good place to start is to look over the "Issues" page on the VCC github site and see what's been suggested already.

As a note, I do have a version of VCC sources where all the code was being separated from the GUI (as James suggested) in prepreation for conversion, but was never finished (and the programmer never merged it to github). If there's enough interest, I'll upload it to a new branch. It may be more suitable for conversion.

The current "Master" branch has a none working "becker.dll" and if that could be fixed, it would be the best base for doing "enhancements" to the current Windows build. It already has dual HDs, remembers each "last accessed" folder for each function (roms, cas, DLLs, etc), and several other fixes.

As I said, if your enhancements work, I'll merge them and make a new version. I have no problem with that.

And Steve, I don't think anyone's pissing here, LMAO, just bouncing ideas, and maybe a few opinions. But this is needed if this project ever gets going again. Being a VCC user since Joseph started the project, I would love to see VCC grow to be THE Coco 3 emulator to use.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com