[Coco] Tcp off-loading on CoCo

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 16:34:59 EDT 2017

On 13-Apr-17 10:35, Lee Patterson wrote:
> Would it be possible to assign a configurable address range that the
> coco would read from instead of single byte/words? Could that be
> mapped using the Coco3's MMU?
>
> One thought, the card is mapped to &HC000-&HXXXX. Could 256 bytes of
> that be the input and another 256 be the output?
>
> --- -- -  - www.8BitCoder.com

That Would be Possible..

What would be optimal. would be for the Buffers to be mapped into a
Cartridge Space, so that a Small Control Program could Switch between
the Cartridge ( I/O Buffers ) and the CoCo's RAM.

The WizNet W5100 has a 32K Internal Memory Map that can be setup to be
Memory Mapped ( called Direct Bus Interface mode ) to the Host CPU.

The ESP8266 is UART or SPI/I2C Interface, which can't really be Memory
Mapped without other Hardware, like a MCU...

MarkO