[Coco] serial terminal for the coco3

Michael R. Furman n6il at ocs.net
Mon Apr 10 01:13:40 EDT 2017

Paulo,

I have played around with using a coco3 as a serial terminal recently.

V-Term can use the bit-banger port up to 2400 baud

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Disks/Applications/V-Term%20(Gimmesoft)%20(Coco%203).zip <http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Disks/Applications/V-Term%20(Gimmesoft)%20(Coco%203).zip>

And TwilightTerm can use the bit-banger port up to 9600.  9600 baud just barely works even with a known reliable serial converter.

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Disks/Applications/Twilight%20Terminal%20(John%20Kowalski)%20(Coco%203).zip <http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Disks/Applications/Twilight%20Terminal%20(John%20Kowalski)%20(Coco%203).zip>

Hope this helps

—

Michael R. Furman
Email: n6il at ocs.net