[Coco] serial terminal for the coco3

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Sun Apr 9 23:19:07 EDT 2017

> Paulo Garcia paulo.astuser at gmail.com
> Sun Apr 9 21:42:20 EDT 2017
>
> For my retro challenge, I am looking for a terminal program for the coco3,
> with source code.
>
> I've found one on Rainbow Nov/86. I tested the program from "Rainbow on
> Disk" and it works, but since I needed the sources, I ended up typing it
> in...and of course that didn't work :)
>
> I started debugging my typing, but since those magazine listings are not
> the most reliable I wonder if anyone here has something already proven.
> Either the same term3 program or something else that is capable to use the
> CoCo built-in serial.
>

> Thanks in advance!

I have the full source code for XCom9 for OS-9 Level II which I wrote, it runs under OS-9 or NitrOS9. It does not do ANSI but does support OS-9 screen control codes and file transfer including Modem and YModem. It is available on this disk image here: http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Disks/Applications/XCom9%20%28Barry%20Nelson%29%20%28OS-9%29.zip <http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Disks/Applications/XCom9%20(Barry%20Nelson)%20(OS-9).zip>