[Coco] CoCoFEST! Preparations

Melanie and John Mark Mobley johnmarkmelanie at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 19:26:59 EDT 2017

I am setting up my CoCo 3 to run like I need it to run during the CoCoFEST!

I am trying to remember the steps I need to go through to get "Donkey Kong
Remix" to run on my CoCo 3 using DriveWire and a USB to RS-232 serial port
to a computer running the Linux operating system.

I got it to run but the USB to RS-232 serial converting I am using has 9
indicator LEDs.  One for each signal, including GND (ground).  As DKREMIX is
running and playing audio the RXD (Receive Data) LED is flashing in step
with the audio.  This does not hurt anything.  I know there is an 8-bit port
with 6-bit going to the Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) for audio and
2-bits going to the bit banger serial port.  I guess the 2 serial bits are
not getting masked out.  I guess I am thinking that this should be an input
so why am I getting output?

Anyway the good news is I am getting ready for the CoCoFEST!

John Mark Mobley