[Coco] Tcp off-loading on CoCo

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 13:05:13 EDT 2017

More brain barf:

Ok.  What I want from a piece of network hardware is many layers of
software interface.   Yes, I want to send eth frames, and IP. I also see a
great value to providing an interface at the "tls" and TCP layer.   How big
of a processor will it take to provide this?   Is Jim's NIC card a fat
enough pipe to a raspi? I'm certain an expanded lwwire server could easily
provide all the layers we (I) want, it becomes more of a smop.  Linux
provides easy enough interface to what ever network layer we want... you
want wireless?  Just stick a usb NIC in the 'pi and there you go.

But could simpler controller work? Im kind of doubtful a fpga could handle
the complexity?   Is there an uC that has tls/oauth libs already?

brett