[Coco] Replacement power switch for coco3?

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 6 18:39:41 EDT 2017

From: Coco [coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com] on behalf of Dave Philipsen [dave at davebiz.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 6, 2017 6:10 PM
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [Coco] Replacement power switch for coco3?

Of course almost all of our cellphone chargers and laptop power suplies, and etc, etc,  are guilty of the same thing.

Yes, but times (and codes) have changed.  Another system from that era was the
AT&T 3B2.  Originally it had a switch that turned the system on thru the motherboard
and the "OFF" position sent a signal to the motherboard to powerdown so that the
SYSV Unix could shutdown cleanly.  The government ordered all of them changed to
have an on/off switch that physically cut the power when pushed.  I was working
with a number of them that had to be "upgraded" by the boys from Bell Labs.

bill