[Coco] On using XRoar - Best "saving" practices?

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Thu Apr 6 08:12:13 EDT 2017

William Carlin wrote:
> It's been a while since using XRoar to save to a floppy image.  However, I
> remember something about disk images being marked as read only when mounted
> and then you have to check or uncheck a box to make them "writeable".  This
> took a while to figure out.

Oh yes, behaviour tends to err on the side of safety, assuming that the
common case is people just firing up ephemeral applications (ok, games)
and so avoids overwriting files, however safe I believe my code to be.

The -disk-write-back command line option (or put "disk-write-back"
in your xroar.conf) makes updating disk image files the default.

Note even then it'll rename the existing file to filename.bak before it
writes the new version!

..ciaran