[Coco] On using XRoar - Best "saving" practices?

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Wed Apr 5 12:05:38 EDT 2017

John Lochey via Coco wrote:
> Hi all, I'm mostly using XRoar and finding it quite enjoyable.
> Question:  How do most of you that use this emulator "save" your work
> within the XRoar program?
>
> Snapshots?Cassette?Tape?
>
> What is the safest way I wonder?  Up till now I've just been using
> snapshots because they are so super easy.

I tend to do all my work on the host OS and use cross-assembler etc.

Not very "purist", I know, but I suppose you're already using an emulator
rather than the real thing :)

Snapshots may not stay completely forward-compatible: new features in
later releases could possibly break the format.  That said, I've tried my
best to keep it backwards-compatible.  I'd hope to give lots of warning
if old stuff wasn't going to work any more.  They're certainly very
convenient though.

The "safest" would almost certainly be to a tape or disk image - something
not XRoar-specific.

..ciaran