[Coco] CoCo BASICS - clarification on the differences?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Apr 5 08:14:58 EDT 2017

On Apr 4, 2017, at 11:39 PM, Brett Gordon <beretta42 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Apr 4, 2017 10:16 AM, "Rob Rosenbrock" <bester at adamswells.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think that there was some notice when Apple released Mac OS9. Maybe the
> absence of the dash was enough to protect the trademark?
>>

> I think Microware did the suing (and lost) .  I wouldn't mind taking a look
> at the case file.  Maybe the two markets where too different for there to
> be consumer confusion, or real damages to be suffered by Microware?

I sat in the courtroom for the two days of this case, and an iMac DV I owned was used to demonstrate Mac OS 9 controlling a FireWire camera, while another personal computer running OS-9 was also used to control a FireWire camera.

During the case, the name was sometimes confusing even to the lawyers and judge. They would have to say "Mac OS 9" and "Microware OS-9" to distinguish which one they were talking about.

It was a VERY interesting two days.