[Coco] XRoar/Mocha emulator question.

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Wed Apr 5 02:45:15 EDT 2017

John Lochey via Coco wrote:
> Hi all, Scenario:  You have typed in your program and it is working
> great.  You have even made a snapshot of your work, but now you want
> to get the "code" text out of the emulator and into Windows Notepad or
> the like. Is it possible in either of these emulators?  I have read the
> XRoar manual and cannot see that it can be done easily without using
> printer streams, etc.

For getting stuff *in* to XRoar, it'll recognise ".bas" (or ".asc")
file extensions to mean ASCII BASIC and feed it in accordingly (generate
a header block, wrap chunks of text with leaders & other metadata),
so you can edit BASIC outside the emulator using a sensible-editor and
import that way.

Getting it out again?  Yeah, -lp-file outname.bas and using LLIST is
probably the best way.  You can CSAVE"",A and edit out the inter-block
data, but that's not ideal.

TODO: add GUI options to select a printer output file...

..ciaran