[Coco] What does it mean to be a member of the CoCo community?

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 17:50:31 EDT 2017

On 04-Apr-17 13:22, Steve Bamford via Coco wrote:
> Hi Steve.
>
> Great topic for discussion! :)
>
> Not being from the US and having never owned a CoCo I see myself as
> an outsider.
>
> In fact I didn't realise there was a Dragon community until a few
> years ago at which point I decided to see if I could program a simple
> game. I then discovered the Dragon and CoCo were near identical so
> figured it made sense to support both platforms.

Thank You for going to the extra effort to support both..   I have Four
CoCos, and just this last December got a Dragon 64..

> I kind of stay on the periphery of things because I neither have that
> shared CoCo experience or a background in hardware design or
> programming. I am developing a new original CoCo/Dragon game though
> which people may find interesting (not sure how popular CoCo 1/2
> games are in the US these days?)

I feel the same way, about staying in the Background and letting the
Adults talk..

I think that CoCo 1/2 games are making a "come back"..
Rick Adams, of Temple of ROM and Shanghai fame has just this last week
got some CoCo Emulators Installed and looking at one of his unreleased
projects, from Back In The Day...   But No Promises....

> I will say this. There's a great energy and positivity to be found
> amongst the CoCo community which you are in no small part helping to
> generate, (along with the Podcast and all the various ongoing
> projects).

I agree....

> Long may it continue. :)
>
> Steve.