[Coco] Clock "Timing".

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Tue Apr 4 17:39:24 EDT 2017

As I recall, POKE&HADEB,&H39 will knock out the break key check between
Basic program statements (assuming this is a CoCo 3 or a CoCo 1/2 where the
ROMs have first been copied to RAM), so you or anyone is welcome to
investigate how much effect his has on TIMER's accuracy while running a
Basic program.  I recall that it did improve accuracy significantly, though
that's of course a subjective judgment.  As you point out, the "fast" break
key check version would make this less of a factor.  (This was introduced
in Color Basic 1.1 or 1.2, I think, not 1.0.  Couldn't have been 1.0, since
it messed up some preexisting programs when the fast version appeared.
Disk Basic 1.1 patched things to undo the fast break key check.)

Art