[Coco] What does it mean to be a member of the CoCo community?

Steve Bamford stevecindybamford at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 4 16:22:47 EDT 2017

Hi Steve.

Great topic for discussion! :)

Not being from the US and having never owned a CoCo I see myself as an outsider.

In fact I didn't realise there was a Dragon community until a few years ago at which point I decided to see if I could program a simple game. I then discovered the Dragon and CoCo were near identical so figured it made sense to support both platforms.

I kind of stay on the periphery of things because I neither have that shared CoCo experience or a background in hardware design or programming. I am developing a new original CoCo/Dragon game though which people may find interesting (not sure how popular CoCo 1/2 games are in the US these days?)

I will say this. There's a great energy and positivity to be found amongst the CoCo community which you are in no small part helping to generate, (along with the Podcast and all the various ongoing projects).

Long may it continue. :)

Steve.