[Coco] Clock "Timing".

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Tue Apr 4 15:39:09 EDT 2017

Actually, the TIMER function's main source of inaccuracy is that reading
the keyboard, which occurs between Basic statements in checking for the
break key, causes an occasional interrupt to be skipped.  (That's due to
the presence of a couple of LDA $FF02 instructions within the keyboard
polling routine that cause the IRQ flag to be cleared.)  If you knock out
the break key check, TIMER's accuracy improves considerably.

Art

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 3:35 PM, Bill Gunshannon <bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com