[Coco] CMOC and Hirestxt program

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Apr 4 10:40:44 EDT 2017

Paulo Garcia wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to compile the CMOC program hirestxt (
> https://perso.b2b2c.ca/~sarrazip/dev/hirestxt-0.1.2.tar.gz) but I keep
> getting the following messages:
><snip>
> Do anyone knows what is wrong there? (I can compile others programs using
> CMOC so I believe cmoc installation is ok)
>
> Thanks

Well, the issue is described in hirestxt.h as
"    ldb     :x      // Colon before name forces ref to C variable named 'x', not register X."
and clearly that is also happening with :d and :y.
This seems to be the result of mixing assembly code within the C code but choosing "badly named"
variables which could be confused with register names.
Also I don't see that :x and :y have been defined although I can find where :d is defined.
word d;

Robert