[Coco] CoCo BASICS - clarification on the differences?

John Lochey jlochey at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 08:54:45 EDT 2017

Hi all,
I'm a little confused about the Tandy Basic versions.

What does the MC-10 use?  Color Basic I believe

What does the CoCo2 use?  Extended Color Basic I believe (at least that is what I see in XROAR)

What does the CoCo3 use?  Extended Color Basic/Disk Basic I believe

I'm trying to determine how much the BASICS differed between the CoCo2 and CoCo3.
I have searched the internet for the main differences between Color Basic and Extended Color Basic, but cannot quite find a definitive list.
I would imagine it is just a few commands?
It also appears that any CoCo could be upgraded to Extended Color Basic as well.

Also dare I even ask what OS-9 and NitrOS-9 are?  ;)

Thanks!

John