[Coco] Introduction and Hardware project question.

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 18:41:57 EDT 2017

On 03-Apr-17 14:25, Alexander Wallace wrote:
> Hello All,

<< SNIP >>

> That’s my intro.
>
> Now with the question:
>
> I am currently making an electric vehicle and I need to bottom
> balance my lithium batteries… I was wondering if someone here can
> tell me if the below is possible with no extra hardware or with
> something easily procurable:
>
> 1 - Can i measure battery voltage with the CoCo? I need to monitor 2
> voltage thresholds: 2.5 and 2.8 volts of some batteries, the max
> charge in them is 3.5. I know the joysticks can measure the voltage
> the CoCo generate, but what about external voltage?

Try PDF Pages 66-70 in "A Full Turn of the Screw"..  ( Link Below )

> 2 - If i can see those thresholds, can I make the CoCo turn on Off/On
> a motor (or lights) (running from the battery being monitored),
> something that pulls ideally 25 amps. I know It has the MOTOR ON/OF
> switch, can I use it to open/close a circuit using a contactor that
> pulls maybe 1.5 amps?

Try PDF Pages 111-113 in "A Full Turn of the Screw"..  ( Link Below )

> Anyways, that’s it for now…
>
> I’m very excited about reaching out to the community!
>
> PS: Is there anything special I need to do to be accepted to the FB
> page BTW? I thought I saw my request being rejected?

I was "yelled at" a few months ago for mentioning this List on FB..

> Thanks!

Look through the other Projects and Information..

"A Full Turn of the Screw"
<http://sparksandflames.com/files/FullTurn.pdf>

MarkO