[Coco] Glenside IDE Interface Setup

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 2 19:13:18 EDT 2017

From: Coco [coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com] on behalf of Kip Koon [computerdoc at sc.rr.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 2, 2017 6:15 PM
To: 'CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts'
Subject: Re: [Coco] Glenside IDE Interface Setup

Hi Jim,
I have used the Glenside IDE Controller on all Cocos - 1, 2 & 3.  I have used them with HDBDOS 1.4 & with NitrOS-9 L1 & L2.  There is no EPROM socket on the board itself.  You will need to get a couple of cartridge card edge connectors and install them on the board.  You will also need a little EPROM board to plug into one of the card edge connectors.  You will need one of many different versions of HDBDOS 1.4 installed on the EPROM board.  All though I have not tried this on the Glenside IDE Controller yet, I expect you could run Brett Gordon's YA-DOS as well.  YA-DOS has just about every driver needed to talk to just about every storage device ever built for the Cocos.  At this point you need either an IDE hard drive, an IDE to Compact Flash adapter, or an IDE to SD Card adapter for online storage.  I've used all three.  The adapters will need a CF card or SD card respectively of course.  Then you have a big decision as to what software you want to put on your new online storage device.  DECB only software, NitrOS-9 L1 or L2 only software or Both simultaneously or are you going to put your own custom created software on your Coco.  If you have any further questions, feel free to email or call me on Skype using username "drwho7777" if you have any questions.  Or if you like, we can talk on the phone.  Just let me know your choice.  I hope this helps.  Take care my friend.

MIne came with the cartridge connectors already installed.  Can I assume
that over time what eas and weas not included changed?  For the DOS ROM
I would recommend getting the PC Cards thru OSHPark.  I have a handful
and they work great.  The also fit in an old cartridge case perfectly.

bill