[Coco] another piece of nostalgia

James C. Hrubik jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 1 19:42:55 EDT 2017

You betcha, Richard.  All that stuff was.  Never could afford half the stuff I saw inthe Rainbow.  But I bought DynaCalc so that I could play with spreadsheets, and once I got a taste of the few shell commands in that distro, I had to have the whole system.  Never looked back after that.

On Apr 1, 2017, at 5:37 PM, rcrislip <rcrislip at neo.rr.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 08:48:15 -0500
> Dave Philipsen <dave at davebiz.com> wrote:
>
>> I just unearthed another piece of nostalgia.  Here's the receipt I
>> got from RS when I originally bought OS9 Level 1 way back in 1983:
>>
>> http://retr09.com/images/OS9L1-receipt.jpg
>>
>> I also found my original boot and system master disks (5-1/4") for
>> OS9 Level 1 along with the four manuals Getting Started, Commands,
>> Technical Information, and Program Development.  Brings back
>> memories....
>>
>> Dave
>>

> That $70 was hard to come by back then too... right? Was for me.
>
> --

The GOD of Israel sent His Son Jesus,
fished me out of the sewer of life,
personally paid in blood to clean me,
took me home, and gave me His T-shirt.
That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.
——— Sayings of Grandpa Jim, c. 2015