[Coco] MC-10 RAM and ROM Carts

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 22:27:33 EDT 2016

Hello everybody,

This is a little project I’ve had the hardware done on for a while.   This week I got back to them and
worked up the CPLD programming for them.  They seem to work well after some testing.

I’ll be removing two of the jumpers as I think they aren’t needed after finishing development on these.
There’ll just be one jumper, that will enable and autostart ROM code at $E000 (where Microcolor BASIC
normally resides).

These should be well suited to cartridge games on the MC10.  They will add to the system…

1) 32K of RAM
	- 16K mapped to $0000-$3FFF
	- 16K mapped to $5000-$8FFF (available for basic programs)

2) 16K of ROM
	- 8K mapped to $C000-$DFFF
	- 8K mapped to $E000-$FFEF (last 16 bytes excluded for CPU vectors)

A few pics and whatnot...
< https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1sgl615FlGndzRDQUNzTlJMRms <https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1sgl615FlGndzRDQUNzTlJMRms>>

A version with two ports for Atari style joysticks will probably be next.  They’ll function the same as
the joystick ports on the Alice computer and Darren Atkinson’s MCX32 for the MC10.

- Ed