[Coco] Orchestra90-Dragon NEW version

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Jul 16 18:50:09 EDT 2016

Barry, I think you'll have problems with VDK in DW4 and/or VCC. I have no idea whether Mess even supports VDK at all. I have had many problems with VDK in VCC as well as DW4.
VCC and DW4 both only have "limited" VDK support and will not read all forms of VDK. I may be wrong and those disk images may read fine, though I think the best bet would be to load the VDK images into XRoar and copy the files to a JVC format disk image.

XRoar originally only supported VDK and it's still the native format, but JVC support has been greatly improved on the later versions of XRoar.

In the end, VDK is actually a more "complete" disk image format, having the "between track" timing sections and such, but JVC with it's straight "raw file" format is just easier to work with and the reason they became the standard for VCC & DW4. Even the NitrOS9 repo produces JVC style disk images.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com