[Coco] Dorsett Educational Tapes

Melanie and John Mark Mobley johnmarkmelanie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 22:55:09 EDT 2016

Kevin Savetz is a podcaster.  He is on ANTIC The Atari 8-bit Podcast.  He
has interviewed about 200 people.  Kevin is trying to preserve some audio &
data tapes, and needs help from the CoCo community to test his digitized
files.

The file format may be unique.  I think the right and left audio track is
set up to play audio voice instructions on one track, and the other track is
data.  The data will draw a picture using ASCII Art.  A question will be
asked and the user will see the picture and respond to the question using
the computer keyboard.  I think special hardware was required to decode the
tapes on a Tandy Color Computer.  Kevin has recorded some episoides on the
podcast where he describes the system.

You can reach him at antic at ataripodcast.com if you want to help.

-John Mark Mobley

From: Keven Savetz

I have digitized several rare cassette tapes for the CoCo from Dorsett
Educational Systems. Need help from the CoCo community to test them/get them
working. Atari folks have gotten the Atari version of these working.

https://archive.org/details/TRS-80ColorComputerDorsettEducational

Maybe you can put the word out in your newsletter/social media.

Kevin Savetz