[Coco] Demo of EARS voice recognition for the CoCo

Robert Hermanek rhermanek at centurytel.net
Thu Jul 7 09:40:08 EDT 2016

Great video, thanks!  I would be interested in where you found the EARS
original software.  Also I have an EARS cartridge, actually bought it
myself a hundred years ago... but the headset was lost somewhere.  And
your video confirms what I feared -- the headset is proprietary.  I do
not have the electronics know-how to figure out how an adapter could be
built that converts a modern two-plug headset/mic combo into what EARS
expects... if anyone wanted to tackle that, I'd be interested.  Also, if
anyone out there has an EARS headset and no cartridge, I'd be looking to
take it off your hands...

-RobertH