[Coco] How to type underscore in OS9 L1 under XRoar

William Carlin whcarlinjr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 14:15:02 EST 2016

Thanks, Bill.  I am a long time user of NitrOS-9 L2 on VCC and have just
recently become interested in XRoar so I can get my feet wet with NOS-9
L1.  Some of my initial tests have not gone well.  It seems that the system
becomes unstable rather quickly after performing simple file operations on
DriveWire disks.  I am using the 51 column boot and just issuing a dsave
command piped into a shell will lock the session after copying just a dozen
or so files.  I am using this command:

chd /x3; dsave -s8 -tv /x1 ! shell -p

The disks in /x3 and /x1 are 9 megabyte ( dmode /x3 cyl=800 ) DriveWire 4
disks.  Disk /x3 has two large ZIP files on it.  One file is ~600K and the
other ~1.2MB and the rest of  the disk is the expanded files from the ZIP
in their respective folder hierarchies.  After copying the two large ZIP
files, some folders are created and about 10 more files will copy before
the session locks up.  I'm hoping that this is just quirk of using the 51
column graphics screen for /TERM and that the system will be much more
stable using the 32 column boot.

William Carlin