[Coco] Space Invaders - Translated from Intel 8080 to Motorola 6809 for the CoCo 3

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Dec 29 07:09:09 EST 2016

On 29/12/2016 2:54 AM, Glen Hewlett wrote:

> I was thinking that with a 6502 to 6809 translation that someone
> could port the Apple II or Pet to the CoCo 3.  Of course you couldn’t
> play any machine language games but you probably could run basic
> games made for those systems on the CoCo translated version.  I think
> that would be cool to see…

I think someone had (Z80) CP/M running on the Coco3 a while back...
haven't heard much more about it lately.

The Apple II (software) is a good candidate for the Coco3 because of the
similar graphics modes and - to a degree - CPU. Lode Runner translated
fairly well to 6809 in the end...

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall