[Coco] Printing from Disk Extended Color Basic (via Drivewire)

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Fri Dec 23 06:11:54 EST 2016

Robert, it is true that Basic resets the value in $6F to zero when screen
output (like printing OK) is required.  But I'm reasonably sure (though
it's been a long time) that if you include the DIR command on the same line
as a poke to $6F, the value will remain throughout the execution of the DIR.

In fact, you could extend the command with POKE&H6F,&HFE:DIR:PRINT
FREE(0);" Free grans" to cause the amount of free space left on the disk to
print out below the directory.

Art