[Coco] Commodore 64. 1541 disk drive

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Tue Dec 13 20:10:01 EST 2016

On 12/13/2016 6:44 PM, piperfox74 wrote:
> That’s OS-9! With a *hyphen*, you Unbeliever!!!! ;-)
/me tucks his '/' between his legs and scurries away

> And besides, I’ve always heard the 1541 (and the C64 floppy drive interface in general) described as painfully slow. So there.
Stock: yep...

No one runs it that way anymore (well, no one who uses the machines more
than once/year), but the story of how it got that way is a fun read
(http://forum.6502.org/viewtopic.php?t=1514, link in the first post).
For those still needing some fodder for the next classic platform
slam-a-thon, it's a good read.

Jim