[Coco] Quick Question

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sat Dec 3 13:55:29 EST 2016

On Saturday 03 December 2016 13:28:13 Eric Nelson wrote:

> My first question on the list!
>
> I have all the hardware dialed in on my Coco2, including a Drivewire
> cable. I'm eager to get the Coco2 connected to some BBSs. My question
> is: Were there any terminal programs that handled ANSI that would run
> on a Coco2. I found a couple during my research, but they only ran on
> a 3.
>
> Thanks!

They are scarce for the 1 and 2. I did a vt220 conversion on the vt100
program way back when, on a stock coco3 running os9, but I've not tried
it on a 2, so be my guest, you can get it from my web page in the sig.
Its an os9 grogram so it may not run on a level 1 system. Because of the
size of the rz/sz executables, its added additional automatic rz/sz
invocations to up load or download a file will crash a 2 sure as
tooting.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)