[Coco] New version of SDC-DOS available

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 13:59:28 EST 2016

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 11:35 AM, Philip Zeigler wrote:

> Thanks…   I understand what’s happening.
>
> The downloaded the CoCo SDC Explorer zip file and the default filename is
> SDCX.DSK.  I didn’t realize I needed to rename it to SDCEXP.DSK…I just
> copied it over the SD card.

Philip, one possibility for your setup would be to leave the SDCX.DSK image
named as-is.  Create a separate disk image named SDCEXP.DSK with the
following Basic program saved as AUTOEXEC.BAS:

10 DRIVE 0, "SDCX.DSK"
20 DRIVE 1, "HARDDISK.DSK"
30 DRIVE 0:RUN "SDCX"

That way, when you enter EXP the explorer program will be started from
drive 0 while your NitrOS-9 hard disk will be mounted in drive 1.  You
should then be able to execute the boot disk from within Explorer to have
it boot into NitrOS-9.

- Darren