[Coco] Largest supported HDD size?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Dec 1 12:33:08 EST 2016

> On Dec 1, 2016, at 11:25 AM, Darren A <mechacoco at gmail.com> wrote:
> Allan, if you use the SDC driver for NitrOS-9 there is no halt during I/O.
> Halt only comes into play when the SDC is emulating a floppy controller.

Interesting. I wonder why I lose characters when I type during disk access, then? I do not recall that ever being the case with KenTon or SuperIDE. It's not as bad as with floppy access, but it still happens. (Yes, using the hard drive mode for 128MB images.)

> Also, the megaread speed of the SDC driver on Level 2 with a 6309 is about
> 13 seconds. That's darn close to what you get with a hard drive controller.

Yes. Close enough now to not care (but then, many also find Drivewire bitbanger speeds to be close enough now). But, back in the day, we'd switch to a new interface just to save a few seconds on megaread ;-)

		-- Allen