[Coco] Largest supported HDD size?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Dec 1 10:07:13 EST 2016

> On Nov 30, 2016, at 11:27 PM, RETRO Innovations <go4retro at go4retro.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks all.   I'm watching for a SuperIDE or Glenside controller to pop up for sale (so I can send my loaner back), and wondered if I should try to unearth a HDD, or just grab a CF card.  Seems like a CF card makes more sense (and would take less work)

I will add that, if I were still using my CoCo as a primary system, I would want something that does no-halt, like the KenTon did and SuperIDE did. During disk access under OS-9/CoCoSDC, I lose characters while typing. Also, the hard drive adapters were faster for disk I/O.

There are SCSI-SD card adapters (which I plan to use on my MM/1), but nothing beats the tiny form factor of the CoCoSDC (yet?).

		-- Allen