[Coco] Kip's Single Board Computer

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Sat Sep 19 14:00:12 EDT 2015

 Did you say breadboard? As in the plastic boards with metal strips that act as connectors? Just FYI, I recently had an interesting experience with a breadboard circuit. I had plugged an audio out lead into the wrong row, but I still got audio, but at a low volume, even though it wasn't connected. It turns out there was enough capacitance between the metal strips in the breadboard to pass the audio through as a capacitor. I shudder to think what this might do to a sensitive oscillator running in the multiple megahertz rangeā€¦ Maybe try plugging the cpu into a socket and lifting pins 38 and 39 of the socket so they do not connect to the breadboard, and then connecting your crystal or oscillator to that?