[Coco] Kip's Single Board Computer

camillus camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 20:08:42 EDT 2015

I have to think a bit over this, so if there is no defined level on any of the address pins of the cpu and on the data bus the pattern 0x1212 is hardcoded, then the cpu will eventually read the dataport?

Then how is it suppose to know from where to start fetching code. Without any address from where some code is to execute from the cpu is going wild, no?

Or am I missing something?
( maybe a brain...LOL )
cb

Sent from Mailbird [http://www.getmailbird.com/?utm_source=Mailbird&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sent-from-mailbird]
On 9/8/2015 6:46:39 PM, tim lindner <tlindner at macmess.org> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 4:29 PM, camillus wrote:
> Sorry I was not clear in my question, I was referring to the reset vector. From where will the cpu start if there is no defined level at 0xFFFE and 0xFFFF.
>
> Is there a hard coded address somewhere?

If _all_ reads return 0x12, then the reset vector will be 0x1212. At
which point it will read 0x12 (nop).

tim lindner