[Coco] Drivewire issues

Theodore (Alex) Evans alxevans at concentric.net
Mon Nov 23 00:13:07 EST 2015

On 11/22/2015 10:00 PM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 11:56 PM, Theodore (Alex) Evans <
> alxevans at concentric.net> wrote:
>>

>> On 11/22/2015 09:35 PM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>>>
>>> When someone is trying to use Drivewire on a system of unknown origin and
>>> configuration, asking them to boot using an official Nitros9 disk and
>>> DriveWire is an excellent troubleshooting step, a step that I and other
>>> people on this list have used in sorting out all kinds of issues with all
>>> kinds of users.
>>

>>> Since you apparently still haven't taken this step, perhaps the problem
>>> here goes deeper than DriveWire.
>>

>> I did get it straightened out, most of the system information was
> included if you actually read everything.  I did leave out that it was a
> 6309 (which is really important), but everything else was specified
> (eventually).  What could I have stated other than that I was using a 6309
> that would have been helpful?
>>
>> Still tell me, if I couldn't get drivewire working, how was I supposed to
> boot from drivewire?
>>
>> I appreciate your trying to be helpful.
>>

> What happened when you inserted an official Nitros9 disk into DriveWire and
> booted from it?

I had most of the exact same problems, and I was only able to do that
after I figured out most of my problems.  The question that you were
replying to at that point was, "How was I supposed to boot off NitrOS9
3.3.0 over drivewire if I was having trouble getting drivewire to work?"
  The solution was to fiddle with the ROM banks on the SuperIDE until I
found one with a DW rather than LBA version of HDB-DOS.  Then boot with
that.

The dw command on the client side worked, but issuing the commands
dw disk create 1 (instead of 0) on the server followed by
format /x1 (rather than /x0) on the client still resulted in the same
write error.