[Coco] OS-9 Library generation

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed May 13 05:44:36 EDT 2015

Gene, the problems I'm having with c.prep19b is all to do with memory. First is the line length. I changed that var in the source and recompiled it and got nothing but:
"Define $Tring table full"
and I have no clue how to get to that can of worms. I discussed it with Willard and he said he never got that deep into it and just had fixed a couple of things and stopped.
I got frustrated and give up as I have no time to peruse that code and learn it's ins and outs. For now, I have no problems with the MW c.prep, but I know that's just a big ? hanging in the air. I would rather work with 19b as it finds little things that mw c.prep lets slide.
So until someone comes along and puts all the memory back in, it's really useless to me.

I do agree it would be a better program, but when it don't work for me, I have to go with what does. Also keep in mind, the sources I'm compiling are no small 100 line, single source modules. Most are full to the max on what I can get in the text editor (about 475 lines) and each module averages about 20-30 sources. And yes, there's probably a lot that can be optimized to smaller code, but I can only do what I know how to do and there's no one else working on it so I do what I can do. I'm no C genius, but I've learned a lot in the past 4 years now. The code I write now looks much better than the code I started with 4 years ago :-)

You're welcome to take a look at my sources any time (I could use the advice), but be prepared for "The Spaghettiville Horror" LMAO.
Actually, it's not THAT bad, but it gets the job done.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com