[Coco] Font editor for OS9/NitrOS-9 Level 2?

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Tue May 12 16:10:45 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Gault"
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 5:05 AM
Subject: Re: [Coco] Font editor for OS9/NitrOS-9 Level 2?

> K. Pruitt wrote:
>> Is there a font editor for OS9/NitrOS-9 Level 2?
>>
>> A large portion of the standard font set seems to be empty.
>>

> Have you considered bypassing a font editor and just using data files
> similar to those in the Sourceforge project? Look at
> level2\sys\stdfonts.asm.
>
> It is simple enough to create a stack of fcb statements that describe a
> character.
>
> chr00    fcb   %00111000
>          fcb   %01000100
>          fcb   %01000000
>          fcb   %01000000
>          fcb   %01000000
>          fcb   %01000100
>          fcb   %00111000
>          fcb   %00010000
>

> --

Thanks Robert.  I didn't realize that NitrOS9 built its own font set from a
source file.

I can see now why I can only access 128 characters with the rest appearing
to be blank.

It is all that is defined in the 8x8 set and then it changes to a different
set of 6x8 characters mapped to buffer 2.

Is 128 characters the limit per buffer?