[Coco] Upgrade MPI?

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Wed May 6 18:19:07 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Grubbs"
To: <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2015 3:10 PM
Subject: [Coco] Upgrade MPI?

> Through sheer blind luck I have acquired a Tandy branded 26-3124 MPI. It
> looks barely used, and more importantly, the OE warranty sticker is still
> in tact. Because it is "virgin" I'm reluctant to give it the CoCo3 PAL
> upgrade. Am I being ridiculous?
>
> --

If it is a 26-3124A then it doesn't need the PAL upgrade.  So check for the
A.

After that, it's really up to you.  I'd leave it as is unless you run in to
issues.

Might as well try the Cloud9 test:

"Here's a simple test that will determine if your Mulit-Pak has already been
upgraded to work with a CoCo 3. From BASIC's OK prompt, type PRINT
PEEK(&HFF90) and press ENTER. If 126 is returned then the Multi-Pak has been
upgraded. If it returns 255 then it has NOT been upgraded."