[Coco] The Ebay MPI auction heartbeat...

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Tue Mar 31 20:13:39 EDT 2015

Yeah, the 26-3024 model Multi-pak interface (the larger and older greys and
whites) works with the Coco 3, but should have the PAL chip upgraded for
full compatibility. This applies to the newer and smaller 26-3124 multi-pak
as well.  There can be memory overlap if the PAL chip of any model of
multi-pak hasn't been upgraded.

The upgrade of the 26-3024 is simplistic.  You unplug one socketed chip and
replace it with a new chip.  The PAL upgrade is available from Cloud9. I
just upgraded mine this past week.  (Thank you Mark!).

The upgrade for the 26-3124 is more complex and expensive but Cloud9 will
perform the upgrade for you.

And of course a new MPI is being designed by one of the list members as we
speak.  I'm pretty excited about that.