[Coco] NitrOS9 ROM

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 11:28:17 EDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Joe Grubbs wrote:
> Helpful, thx

ROM images can also be built from the NitrOS-9 sources, and I have
tested them in emulator (XRoar). Please read the documentation (PDF
and FAQ) that Cloud9 has on their web page (Support tab) although some
of the instructions might be outdated. Their classic ROMs contain the
boot file to boot up all from ROM. I recently added Level 1 ROM
versions that only contain the boot track but with floppy boot drivers
(DriveWire would also be useful) to read the boot file from there, if
that can be of use to anyone - you won't need BASIC any longer and
boot NitrOS-9 directly but you can still modify the boot track without
reburning ROMs.

There are ROMs to replace the BASIC ROM or to sit in a cartridge
intercepting the BASIC startup.

You didn't mention what kind of CoCo you have and what flavour of
NitrOS-9 you are interested in.

Regards,
Tormod