[Coco] CoCo3 MMU Register question...

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 20:27:57 EDT 2015

Hi Tormod,

Ok, good to know!  This is exactly the kind of info I needed.  :)

Implementing a second set of registers is no problem, just more latches and
a control bit to switch them.  Following the CoCo3 MMU scheme that will mean an
8-bit latch at each memory location ($FFA0 - $FFAF).  So 16 latches + 2 more to capture
the memory address presented by the SAM.

So, 18 (8-bit) latches, 128 buffers to load default latch values on system reset or startup
(unless a routine is added to the system ROM to handle it, probably the best way, but is there room?),
and all associated address decoding logic.  Getting interesting.  :)

Which N8VEM project?  The Griffon board?

- Ed