[Coco] X10 CM17A Stuff

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Mon Mar 30 10:05:39 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Hermanek"
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 6:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Coco] X10 CM17A Stuff

> The transmitter gets all of its power from the db9?  What kind of
> real-world range do you see?  For example, if I had transmitter in house,
> would an x10 module in an adjacent building, say 100ft away, respond?
>
> Thanks for the pics
> -RobertH

Yes, it gets all it's power from the RS232 port. The posted range of the
CM17A is 100 feet.  Actually getting that range is a whole other story.  X10
stuff is fussy.  My first TM751 is plugged in to an outlet about 4 feet from
the CM17A.  The second is located roughly 35 feet (and 4 walls away) and it
picks up signals reliably as well.  At Christmas I had the outside lights
controlled by a module located in the garage a good 90-05 feet away and I
had no problems with it.   Then again one noisy fluorescent light can screw
up the entire system.