[Coco] RGB2VGA Converter and Wordpak2+ PCB Update

Joe Grubbs jsgrubbs at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 28 11:39:57 EDT 2015

I'll chime in and answer at least part of your question.

The RGB2VGA and WorkPak2+ are unrelated projects. The RGB2VGA unit Kip is building I believe is sans-enclosure, but it has the header connector to plug into the underside of the CoCo3. Don't quote me on that, but I think that's the deal.

The WordPak2+ is a standalone device that uses a Yamaha VDG. It is basically a replacement/improvement for the built-in 6847 VDG. It allows more colors and higher resolution. It also natively supports lowercase letters (as do the later CoCo2s and CoCo3s of course). The WordPak2+ does require the loading of a driver for BASIC or OS9 in order to function.

This is a video that demonstrates it in action. I kind of like the idea of dual monitors, even though the displays are just replicated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btTlrNovbc0