[Coco] Just a thought

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optimum.net
Thu Mar 26 21:56:43 EDT 2015

The Atari-ST was a pretty plain-vanilla 68000 system. It ran a version
of CP/M-68k that was very much like MS-DOS (GEMDOS) that had GEM layered
on top of it...

It had through software (and later hardware) 8088 MS-DOS emulation. It
had Macintosh Emulation by just plugging in a couple of Mac ROMs on a
cartridge, and writing some software to account for the hardware
differences (Magic-Sac, Spectre-128, Spectre-GCR, Aladdin).

I have a 520-ST upgraded to 1mb, with a MagicSAC and SpectreGCR.

The Amiga also had Mac and PC Emulation, though I never used it. I have
an Amiga 1000 and a 500 I'm fixing, as well as Amiga Forever.

The PC is a pretty decent emulation machine. I have a 486 setup to
emulate TRS-80 Model I/III/4, Coco, Dragon, Atari-ST, MacPlus,
Atari-2600, Atari-800, Apple ][, and more...

I'd like a Coco 3 clone. I'd also like a TRS-80 Model I clone (Peter
Bartlett is cloning the E/I currently). There used to be a board called
the TC-III that you'd use to remove the Model I logic board, and install
this board to add a full Model III including disk controller and RS-232
in a Model I case. ( http://www.trs-80.org/norcom-tc-iii/ )

I don't want yet another computer that emulates a Coco. I have plenty of
those.

-[ Al ]-