[Coco] Just a thought

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Thu Mar 26 11:39:19 EDT 2015

(Realizing I'm contributing to the problem here, but...) I would think
there's considerable benefit in having modern hardware perfectly recreate
CoCo 1/2/3 environments, i.e., being useful as a replacement for any and
all original system configurations (and hardware) as desired. While the
mythical CoCo 4 - as with any other vintage platform getting a "next gen" -
would be cool, on its own it's a completely impractical idea considering
all of the other well supported mainstream and hobbyist platforms out there
today with large user bases/fans. However, if it has CoCo 4-like
functionality in ADDITION to replicating the previous systems, then you
suddenly have something quite interesting, with no real downside.

While I certainly don't think I speak for everyone, I *suspect* that that
would be the goal of most of us in this community for what is commonly
referred to as a "CoCo 4" in the modern sense.

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade, Inc.
<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books
<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1> and