[Coco] Just a thought

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optimum.net
Thu Mar 26 14:27:32 EDT 2015

It would be a re-implemented Coco 3 - using a 63B09EP, the GIME in an
FPGA (which should allow VGA output, and up to 2mb of RAM. A PS/2
keyboard port. All the Coco 3 ports (bitbanger, joysticks, cassette,
cartridge, composite video, audio). User supplies ROMs from a real Coco
3 to avoid copyright issues.

I would put a socket onboard for an HDBDOS ROM which could be disabled
with a switch if you plug a cartridge or other controller with a ROM
into the cartridge port.

That would be a pretty good start towards a Deluxe Coco, or a Coco 4.

-[ Al ]-