[Coco] Supercomm for OS9

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Mar 20 01:48:32 EDT 2015

On Friday 20 March 2015 01:17:14 Dave Philipsen wrote:
> Hi, everybody.  I am looking for a guy named Randy K Wilson who took
> over maintenance of an OS-9 program called SuperComm.  It was a
> terminal program that I wrote many years ago and when I left the
> CoCo/OS-9 scene I allowed him to maintain the program for me.  I am
> trying to find out if he might still have the source code for the
> later version he released that supported Zmodem.  Anyone know of him
> or where I might get in touch with him?
>
> Dave Philipsen

Not sure Dave, and welcome to the list.  I hope you "stick around".

The last .lzh I got from Randy was sc23ed6.lzh, and its a single binary
file, no readme's.  My coco3 is in the basement, and I'll try to
remember to run it to see if there is any more data in its sign on
credits.  Tomorrow.  I also see that "find" found an SPRCOM22 archive
and I'll look at that too. I believe I also put a copy of that
sc23ed6.lzh on my web page, same location as below.

I still use it occasionally just because of that.

There is also, a hacked up version of the Brian Marquette vt100 driver
that I bought up to vt-220 compatability probably 20 years back, and I
added the zmodem stuff it it at the time too.  Its in the Genes-os9-stf
link of my web page in the sig if that would do you any good.  So is the
final version of rzsz3.36 ever done for the coco, which I built,
throwing in a speedup trick or 3 at the time.  I think thats been copied
to most of our archive sites, but I don't think vt-220 was similarly
blessed as it was largely post BBS popularity time when I did that. What
I needed at the time was a vt-220 emulator to serve as a sub for a blown
vt-220 on a DEC PDP11-23 system at the tv station. DEC wanted $3900 for
a vt-550 they would not guarantee could replace the vt-220.  I don't buy
pigs in a pokesack.  So I did what I had to do. :)

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)