[Coco] Fwd: [midatlanticretro] Tandy Color Computer Drive Wire

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Wed Mar 18 15:17:49 EDT 2015

FYI (not me, from another list)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[midatlanticretro] Tandy Color Computer Drive Wire
Date: 	Wed, 18 Mar 2015 17:59:19 +0000
From: 	Kelly Leavitt kelly at catcorner.org [midatlanticretro]
<midatlanticretro at yahoogroups.com>
To: 	midatlanticretro at yahoogroups.com <midatlanticretro at yahoogroups.com>

It's been a long time, but I finally dug in and created a Drive Wire
boot ROM card for my CoCo 3. Drive wire uses the CoCo serial port as a
replacement for the disk drive. It connects to a modern computer that
serves up disk images to the CoCo using standard disk commands.

Doing so forced me to learn about EPROMS and EPROM burning. Yes, I have
an EE degree, but it has been years since I've done any hardware work at
all.

I was able to create a single ROM with images for all 3 CoCo models. All
I need to do is change a couple of jumpers and I can use the same card
in any of my CoCos.

This built on the work of Mark Blair
(NF6X) at http://www.nf6x.net/2013/10/cocoeprompak/ and the folks at OSH
park (a board fab house).

Drivewire 3 was written by Boisy Pitre, who was at the last VCF.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~mmarlette/Cloud-9/Software/DriveWire3.html
<http://www.frontiernet.net/%7Emmarlette/Cloud-9/Software/DriveWire3.html>

Kelly

__._,_.___
Posted by: Kelly Leavitt <kelly at catcorner.org>
	• 	Reply to sender
<mailto:kelly at catcorner.org?subject=Re%3A%20Tandy%20Color%20Computer%20Drive%20Wire>
	• 	Reply to group
<mailto:midatlanticretro at yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20Tandy%20Color%20Computer%20Drive%20Wire>
	• 	Start a New Topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/midatlanticretro/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJmZHA0MWFrBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0Mzc5MDMyBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNTAxNwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzE0MjY3MDE1NjM->
	• 	Messages in this topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/midatlanticretro/conversations/topics/40763;_ylc=X3oDMTM3cG05aTBsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0Mzc5MDMyBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNTAxNwRtc2dJZAM0MDc2MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzE0MjY3MDE1NjMEdHBjSWQDNDA3NjM->
(1)

Visit Your Group
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/midatlanticretro/info;_ylc=X3oDMTJmZjJzdGl0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0Mzc5MDMyBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNTAxNwRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzE0MjY3MDE1NjM->

  * New Members